This intriguing code-breaker relies on a unique "cracking" method. Play is "1-click" simple, which helps you focus as you think your way through the cipher patterns.
Start by tapping on the keypad. As the digits move around, decipher: (1) where they belong; and (2) how to control their moves. Keep tapping until the 9 turns red.
••••••••••••••• Crack 9 Q&A •••••••••••••••
• What is Crack 9?
It is a 9-digit code-breaker strategy puzzle with an unusual keypad “cracking” technique.
• How do you solve the puzzle?
Move the digits around on the keypad until all 9 are in their home squares.
• How do you learn the home squares?
Observe the motion and watch the RED digit. It changes when any digit moves in or out of its home square.
• How do you know when it is solved?
The red digit shows how many are home. Thus, it is solved when the 9 turns red.
• How do you start a new puzzle?
If the puzzle is solved, just tap on the keypad to create a new random puzzle.
• How do you move the digits?
Each time you tap on the keypad, 2 digits will swap places.
• How do you select which digits swap?
WHERE you tap determines the 1st digit. A secret swap pattern determines the 2nd.
• How do you learn the swap pattern?
Tap 1 of the 9 keypad squares & observe. Repeat until you decipher the pattern.
• Can you provide any hints?
WHERE = the square OR its digit. The 2nd WHERE is calculated FROM the 1st.
• Does the swap pattern change?
Yes, at the start of each new puzzle. Also, pattern complexity differs at each level.
• What are the different levels?
Rookie, Boffin, Wizard, Genius, and Psycho. You can switch between them at ANY time.
• Are there any “get started” clues?
For Rookies, the final code is always 123,456,789. Also, for Rookies, Boffins, & Wizards, digits away from home have no color.
• How are my skills measured?
By counting your taps. Solve each puzzle using as few as possible.
• Any words of encouragement?
With your exceptionally brilliant intellect and phenomenal memory, you will easily crack Genius and Psycho puzzles. If not, you can always try pencil and paper.